The contact cooling
The patented cooling system from HAIMER is the quickest and cleanest method of cooling shrink fit chucks. There is a suitable cooling body for every chuck. The cooling body has full surface contact with the shrink fit chuck and extracts the heat smoothly. A water cycle cools the cooling body.
The cooling procedure takes place evenly and gently. There is no deformation of the chuck. The runout accuracy is preserved. The chucks do not come into contact with the water. They remain dry and do not rust. The work place also remains clean and dry.
Cooling body for rapid cooling:
- Cooling in record time: approx. 30 s
- Tool holders remain dry
- No build-up of rust
- No time lost through drying process
- Even cooling, runout accuracy is maintained
- Hot points are always covered, no risk of injury
- Hot parts need not be touched
- Gentle handling of chuck, no shocking
- No heating of cooling body, even after lots of shrink fit procedures: heat is removed with water cycle
- 5 cooling bodies for all standardized chucks
- No dripping water, always a clean work space